Calling all aspiring entrepreneurs: Applications Now Open
- 5-day Online Programme
- 13 – 17 June 2022
- 2-hours per day
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 11am
You will learn how to conceptualize and test your business idea to develop a good foundation for new venture creation. The bootcamp will assist you in gaining focus and clarity on your goals and strategic objectives. By participating in this bootcamp you will learn how to refine your business model and to develop your strategic competitive advantage.
The bootcamp takes an experiential-learning approach in helping entrepreneurs generate ideas, develop a Business Model Canvas and test the viability of their ideas while preparing them to pitch their ideas to potential investors. The bootcamp is specifically designed to assist entrepreneurs in the early ideation stages of business development. Additional to the key learning content delivered in the bootcamp, participants will have access to additional training material and resources through the Ubuntu Business Platform and App.
- Day 1 – Entrepreneurship Fundamentals
- Day 2 – Identify and Assess Ideas and Opportunities
- Day 3 – Understanding The Business Model Canvas
- Day 4 – Building your Business Model Canvas
- Day 5 – Pitching your Business to Investors
- A personal profile of an entrepreneur is matched to the type of work, product or service that has potential as a new venture, to ensure compatibility.
- The aptitude, interests and values of the entrepreneur are screened for suitability to the new venture.
- Reasons for selecting or rejecting a new venture idea or opportunity are explained with examples.
- Essential features of a new venture are identified in terms of market share, sales volume, asset value, and extent of independence from outside control.
- The market conditions are assessed to determine the viability of the new venture, through an assessment of the competitive environment.
- The market research process is discussed in terms of analysing demand for the product or service.
- Constraints on trade and applicable by-laws are investigated to ensure that there are no legal obstacles or negative environmental impacts to the establishment of the new venture.
- The concept of risk management is explained with examples and potential risks and factors that may threaten the new venture.
- Own business ideas and opportunities are identified and assed in terms of their viability.
- The Business Model Canvas is used to develop the learner’s own business model in preparation to pitch their business to potential investors.
The programme aims to assist beneficiaries in the development of appropriate skills and knowledge for the establishment of a new venture. The programme takes a holistic approach to the developmental needs of entrepreneurs through practical training to assist at the pre-start-up phase of their entrepreneurial journey. The programme aims to address the economic, administrative and behavioural barriers that contribute to failures in starting and sustaining a new business in South Africa.